All amusements take after specific principles all together for the diversion to be reasonable and appropriately executed. Tenets are drafted nowadays by approved individuals; especially by the board that deals with a specific power on specific games. With respect to the instance of b-ball game guidelines, they are drafted and concluded by individuals behind the amusement affiliations or groups.
For example, the NBA (National Basketball Association) has an executive committee that determines the rules for the game. For the international basketball games, the FIBA, or the Fédération Internationale de BasketballAmateur or simply as the International Basketball Federation, may adopt their own rules of the game. However, no matter how many associations there are, the main and skeletal rules of basketball are most of the time unchanged.
Aside from the differences of the league, the rules of the courts may also be changed according to the players. The rules on basketball games for women are absolutely different from those of the men. This is very evident particularly on the measurements of the ball to be used, the measurement of the court and some other minor rules.
Because each basketball game has its own rule depending on the league and the type of game, it is best to check on the official draft of rules of each association and also their sub-rules on men and women games.
However, there are rules that remain constant to most of all basketball associations around the world. These are the rules of court that pertains to the original rules of the game. Here are the basic rules of court.
• The Backcourt Violation – this happens when an offensive team passed the ball behind the midcourt line before the defensive team touches it. In this case the ball is awarded to the defensive team.
• Dribbling – dribbling is a skill of the game. However, a player is not allowed to stop and dribble and move and dribble again. This is a double-dribble violation.
• Personal Fouls – physical assault is not allowed in the game, be it intentional or unintentional. The punishment for committing personal foul is elimination from the game when a certain player reaches the allowed number of personal fouls.
• Traveling – the player can pivot around with one foot without stepping at least another step while grasping the ball with the hands. When he steps more than that while the ball is still in his possession, traveling violation is incurred. Traveling is also termed as walking. When this happens, the ball is awarded to the opposing team.
• Technical Fouls – if any player or coach displays any untoward actions against the referee or to the committee in charge of the game a technical foul maybe called upon. Flagrant foul is also considered as technical foul.
There are also rules in the game time and in a basketball time; there are so many time rules that needed to be understood.
1.) 24-second clock – this is the time given for the team holding the ball to shoot it at their goal. If the ball is not shot before the 24-seconds the ball is awarded to the opponent. Each time shot is made or an attempt of shot is made. The 24-second clock restarts.
2.) 10-second violation – this is the time given for the team to bring the ball beyond the midline from the opponent’s half court.
3.) 5-second in-bound violation – a referee will award the ball to a player and gives the player 5 seconds to pass the ball to his team mates. When his 5 seconds expires, the ball is awarded to the opponent.
4.) 5-second possession violation – each player is given 5 second to dribble, pass, or shoot the ball. When the five second expires, the ball is given to the opponent team.
5.) 3-second rule – this is the time given to a player to stay on in the lane. The player must shoot or pass the ball before the 3-second expires.